Mushroom ,is one thing that I and M like a lot 😀 its soft spongy texture is to die for! We get good button mushrooms in the market where we buy our veggies. So, there is a lot experiments with that. We hardly eat mushroom from outside , saying its dangerous. So, I never want to miss any chance to have it when I find them in the market 😛 . (I will soon do a blog on how to choose good mushrooms! 🙂 )
Remember that I told you in one of the recipe post about simple food with simple ingredients?? This is one of that kind..Trust me..It has very less ingredients but it didn’t fail to pull out the taste. 😀
The aroma of curry leaves, the peppery flavor , and the light crunch of capsicum are the highlight of this recipe. If you want a dish which is subtle in taste yet tasty, this is to go for 🙂 Also if you are a fan of pepper and capsicum ! 😀
Also, don’t forget to like the fb page of kitchentidbits for all updates! 🙂
|1 packet /250 gm cubed
|medium cubes, 1/2 a capsicum
|1 medium, cubed
|1/2 tsp each , finely chopped
|1/2 -3/4 tsp
|olive oil/vegetable oil
|1-2 tbsp or more
- Make sure to cut mushrooms, onions and capsicum into medium cubes.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan, add oil and let it heat up. Add the cubed onions and saute in high flame.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic saute well.
- Once the onion is translucent add cubed capsicum and saute for 3-4 minutes in high flame.
- Add turmeric and little salt and saute to combine. Let it get stir-fried , make sure not to burn.;)
- Add the cubed mushrooms , half of pepper powder and cover and look in low flame.
- Mushroom will ooze out water, let it dry out completely. Mushrooms do not take more than 7-8 minutes to cook. Let it be covered in medium flame .
- After 7-8 minutes, open and let the water dry ,once dried completely , bring back to high flame and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add curry leaves and rest of the pepper powder( you can also add just a dash of soya sauce too ) and give few quick stir and serve hot.
- Mushrooms should be stiff and firm and white, that’s when they are fresh.
- use 1/2 tsp pepper powder , for less spice and 3/4 for peppery flavor 🙂
- If using button mushrooms, discard the stem and remove the skin(that’s how I do) Immerse in turmeric water for 5 minutes and then drain it.
- Do not add water 😀 they will ooze out , and that’s enough to cook them
- Mushroom doesn’t need much time to cook. The max is 8 minutes beyond which they may turn rubbery!
- Curry leaves are must for this 🙂 trust me they give the best aroma 🙂
- Do not over cook the capsicum, the water that ooze out from mushroom is enough to cook the capsicum as well.
- Cover cook this only for 6-7 minutes , not beyond that!