Broccoli, the exotic vegetable is very much loved by M&m, being one of those costly vegetable we rarely bought this good guy , so chances of experimenting were too less. Now , as we go to a nearby market to fulfill our weekly menu, we could easily grab as many Broccoli as possible for less price 😛 ( there was unbelievable price difference 😮 )
We make broccoli -mushroom stirfry, broccoli -mushroom-chicken Chinese dry, this recipe and sometimes just steam with bit of salt and gobble up them. 😀
Garlic is the key ingredient in this recipe apart Thyme, If you don’t have access to thyme you could skip that too.But do not skip the garlic
Easy Broccoli -Garlic Stir fry:
- Broccoli florets : 1 broccoli
- Garlic cloves : 12-15 thinly sliced
- Onion : 1,finely chopped
- Thyme(optional) : 2 pinch
- coconut oil : 2-3 tsp
- salt : as needed
- Wash and steam broccoli florets well , it may take 10 minutes as broccoli stem is bit hard compared to cauliflower.
- Heat a pan, add oil .Once heated add sliced garlic and saute well to brown.
- To which add onions , bit salt and saute that too to brown .
- Add thyme, just by crushing a bit in between your palms ,if using.
- Saute for few seconds and add the steamed broccoli florets , to which add more salt if required and saute well to roast a bit.
- The steamed broccoli would release some water, let it evaporate well.
- And let the broccoli remain in low flame for about 5 -8 minutes and switch off once its dry and lightly roasted.
- Serve with rice/roti
- Steaming is always recommended to blanching and cooking in the same pot.
- You could add cumin seeds if you like its taste.
- You could also add pepper powder towards the end.
- If you have thyme in hand, i recommend to use that.