Egg scrambles are all easy stuffs,ain’t it ?? and the variations possible are endless. But, since I have thought of having every food that I like under one umbrella, even the simplest is obvious to may its way here! 🙂
Having said about the simplest food, recipes with eggs would the first for a beginner to go with. 😀 if I’m not wrong the baby steps that most of us had in cooking ,has to be egg scramble, omelette ,bulls-eye and so on.
Anyway, this one of that kind. Easy and quick 🙂
|dish type||stir fry|
|cook time||15-20 minute approx|
|level of difficulty||easy|
|what you will need||how much you will need|
|eggs||3-4 no, beaten|
|onion/shallots||1 large , chopped/10-15 chopped|
|dried redchillies||4-5 no, or more|
|curry leaves||1 spring|
|coconut oil/oil||1-2 tbsp or little bit more|
- Beat the eggs with milk/water and little bi of salt until fluffy and frothy.
- Meanwhile, in a chopper add onions and red chillies and chop them finely.
- alternatively, you can pulse the dried red chillies in the mixer and add it to the chopped onions
- Heat a pan, add oil and once hot add the onion mixture and saute to golden brown, add curry leaves too. add required salt as well.
- Let the onion mix brown well, that’s when you add the beaten egg and scramble it very well.
- Add 1-2 tsp of more oil,if required.
- Swtich off and serve hot.
- Add more red chillies ,if you want it spicy 😉
- make sure to turn the onion brown before adding the beaten egg.
- You can replace onions with shallots/kochulli (10-12 or more) ,which definitely is more tastier .
- I using shallots, just crush the shallots and dried red chillies in mixer .
- Do not skip red chillies 😀
- You can also make omelette ,with the same mixture.
until next time, happy cooking!!