An easy stir fry for your lunch/ dinner. Steam the veggies for 10 minutes to make the process easy . You could also add potatoes to this stifry.
I have tried to add a quick video also for easy reference.Would be glad to know if you wish to see more such videos in future 😉
CLICK HERE, TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE 1 MINUTE VIDEO BEFORE READING THE RECIPE !!
- Beans : finely chopped, 1 cup
- carrots : finely cubed , 1cup
- onion : finely chopped, 1 medium
- red chilli flakes : 1 teaspoon
- curry leaves : 1 spring
- garlic pods : 4-5 cloves, do not remove the skin, wash well and crush lightly.
- salt : as needed
- coconut oil : 3-4 tbsp
- Steam the vegetables for 10 minutes or until done.
- Heat a pan , add oil once hot, to this add chopped onions and curry leaves, some salt and let them brown.
- Adjust the flame to medium and let the onion brown well , add crushed garlic pods ( do not remove the skin, 😉 to get the taste of garlic )to this and let than brown as well.
- In to this add crushed chilli flakes (keeping the flame low) and fry for a minute or less )
- Once everything is browned well, (take care not to burn) add the steamed veggies and saute well. Add more salt if required.
- Let this stir fry remain in medium flame for about 3-4 minutes after which reduce to low flame and stir fry for about 10 minutes. (only if you like “morinja /browned mezhukkupuratti )
- serve with other dishes.