The number of times I have had chicken fry as kid is countable because it was an occasional visitor at home due to various reasons . But every time I got a chance to eat outside I showed my interest for chicken fry especially those spicy Kerala chicken fry 😀 and I could never let go such a chance.It was that deluctable! 😛
Later, when I was allowed to experiment in kitchen I got my hands on these Chicken fry. Simple , easy yet yumm..that’s how I describe these. I still use this recipe for my kerala chicken fry with slight modifications as and when needed.
Kerala Chicken Fry:
Chicken leg pieces : 4 no’s ( this makes cooking easier 😉
Ginger : an inch piece
Garlic :6-7 cloves
Turmeric powder : 1/4tsp
Red chilli powder :2 tsp (kashmiri)
Peppercons :3-4 nos
Kerala garam masala : 1 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 spring
Salt : as needed
lime juice :1tsp
- clean and make gashes in chicken( wash again after making gashes) pat it dry .
- In a mixie bowl take all the ingredients mentioned under marination and make a paste out of it.( add few drops of water if required, do not make the paste runny ,it has to be thick)
- Rub this marinade on the chicken leg and let it sit for good 1-2 hrs.
- Now, heat up the pan and add oil once the pan is hot. Add the chicken pieces when oil is hot and bring down the fame .
- Now cover the pan with a lid for 5 minutes. this will help the chicken to cook from within.
- turn the chicken to other side and repeat the same . Once the chicken is fried well take it out and drain it in tissue paper
- serve hot