Recently, a friend of mine had asked for a simple mushroom recipe to start with. She failed miserably in that attempt. That pushed me to put this post up.
Few things about mushroom :
- Mushroom is bland! yes, you heard it right! It’s the other ingredients which deliver the taste to the mushroom dish.
- But this doesn’t mean you have to dump as my ingredients into it
- Mushroom oozes a lot of water, wait until the whole is oozed and absorbed
- It literally takes less time to cook, so do not overcook mushrooms.
- If using button mushrooms, go for white, sturdy ones. Avoid using, if there is discolored or very spongy
- Always buy mushroom from trusted sources.
P.S: Hereafter, You may not find me regular in this space, but you can always expect me with the easiest recipes 😀
- Mushroom : 1 packet
- Onion : 1 medium ,cut into small squares
- garlic : 6-7 cloves, crushed
- coconut oil/ vegetable : 2 tbsp
- Freshly crushed pepper : 1 Tsp
- Kerala Garam Masala/any other masala :1/2 tsp-3/4 tsp
- curry leaves : a handful
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- salt : as needed
- clean and slice the mushroom.
- Heat a pan, add oil to which add onion, pinch of salt, saute until translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic once the onion starts to brown. Saute for 1-2 minute.
- Bring down the flame and add turmeric powder saute for 5 seconds.
- Followed by red chilli powder, garam masala and crushed pepper. saute well for 1-2 minute.
- Now add the sliced mushroom, salt and mix well.Bring everything together to the center of the pan.Keep the flame medium.
- The mushroom will ooze out water and wait until all of that oozed and absorbed.(If it doesn’t ooze out, just sprinkle some and cook it for 3-4 minutes)
- Once mushroom is left with no water, Spread the mushroom in the pan Saute for 5-10 minutes on a medium-high flame, and switch off!
See you all in my next post!
Happy cooking, stay healthy!