And if you have boiled potatoes then, you are done with this in less than 15 minutes! 😀 And this goes well with dosa, chapati, puri, idiyappam etc.
Very mildly spiced, not masaledar this curry is sure to please your taste buds too. Trust me, it tastes good 🙂
Potato curry :
- Boiled Potatoes : 2 medium, mashed well
- Coconut oil/Oil : 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds :1/2-3/4 tsp
- urad dal : 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves : handful
- Turmeric Powder :1/4 tsp
- red chili powder :1/2 -3/4 tsp
- water : 1 cup or more
- Asafetodia/hing : 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli : 3-4 no
- salt : as required
- In a heavy bottom, add oil and once its hot add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Follow this by urad dal, dry red chilies, curry leaves.
- Now, bring down the flame to lowest possible and immediately add turmeric, red chili powder, asafetida and give a quick mix for few seconds (take care not to burn).
- Add the mashed potatoes, water and mix well. Add required salt as well.
- Bring to boil for few minutes and then switch off. Serve hot!
- Make sure not to burn the powders, you can also take out the pan from flame and proceed.
- This tastes well in coconut oil.
- Do not feel stingy in adding curry leaves 🙂
- the curry will thicken , so add water accordingly.
- Adding more red chili powder is not recommended.
Cheers everyone! See you all at next post, stay happy 🙂