This is rather simple , bread crumbs coated chicken, which I have given a fancy name. Crumb coated chicken can be of different seasoning variants. I have used mixed herbs with more of parsley. You can use any kind of seasoning, preferably Italian.
I used chicken breast which did further slit into two, you can cut them into thin strips as you find in KFC,Chikcking etc. Or you can also cut down the breast into thin fillets. It’s all personal choice.
I did soak the chicken in buttermilk overnight, which i washed off the next day.
Also, you can either bake this or fry this 🙂 Don’t forget to check the notes for some alternates 😉
Now, shall we get started??
|chicken breast piece||1 ,cut into thin strips/fillets or cut into staright halves|
|pepper powder||1/4 tsp|
|cayanne chilly powder||1/2 -3/4 tsp|
|all purpose flour||2 tbsp|
|corn flour||1/2 tbsp|
|italian seasoing||1-2 tsp|
|ginger garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
|egg||1 ,beaten well|
|bread crumbs||1 cup|
|sunflower/vegetable oil||for frying/brushing|
- In a plate, take together all purpose flor, corn flour, cayanne pepper /red chilli powder, italian seasoning , half of the parsley and some salt mix everything well.
- In another plate take together bread crumbs, rest of the parsley and mix well.
- Beat the egg with pepper( reserve some for chicken). set aside.
- Wash and drain the chicken, rub little salt and pepper on that as well
- Now , dip the chicken in egg and place it on the flour mix , coat well.
- Place it on to the crumb mix and coat well with crumbs.
- Repeat the same of other pieces as well.
- Fry them in hot oil or bake it.
- For baking – place them in greased pan. preheat oven at 200C for 10 minutes, place in the middle rack for 6-7 minutes for one side and turn over to other side for 6-7 minutes more( time may vary depending on the piece you are using) Strips may need only 7-8 minutes but bigger piece may take more time, so keep checking in between.
- Serve with mayonnaise/ketch up
- Seasoning ingredients can be used more if you like it.
- Corn flakes can be used for coating, but somehow I feel bread crumbs gives the soft texture and also more light compared to corn. But you can very well replace it with crushed cornflakes too
- soaking in buttermilk is important , as it makes the chicken tender.
- You can also dip in flour mix first then on egg mix and then coat with crumbs too. But the coating remains in tact in the first method.
- The alternate option for egg is mayonnaise, you can also add grated cheese if using mayo.
- If you don’t have garlic powder(although these are readily available online and in supermarkets ) clean few cloves of garlic wash and sundry it well, then either powder it or grate it and use .
- If you don have italian seasoning , use 1/2 tsp of thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary each.
- If you don’t have any of these seasonings, you can replace it with Indian masala too.
until next time, happy cooking!!
Happy day ,everyone! 😀
Don’t forget to follow KitchenTidbits in fb ,to get updated.