Vegetables were mandatory at my home, amma used to make minimum of 2 vegetarian dishes for lunch as well as dinner. We had steamed vegetables at least ,,if she couldn’t cook something elaborate. So,my acha ia the happiest person when he see vegetarian dishes. I was always happy with fish 😀
So, with M also it was the same. We were happy with one veg side dish along with a non veg dish 😀 .But, things did change drastically after M’s ayurvedic treatment. We are allowed to eat only vegetarian food. So, we were forced to have two side dishes to compensate that . the thorans and mezhukkupurattis that we usually have were not enough. :-/
The french beans is usually made as thoran or combined with carrot and made mezhukkupuratti/stir fry. We were defentiely bored of those, that’s when I decide to try this dish. The simplest stir-fry 😀
|dish type||stir fry|
|cook time||15 minutes|
|level of difficulty||easy|
I recommend to cut the french beans diagonally, i used a scissors to do so. 😀
what you will need
how much you will need
|french beans||250 gm, cur diagonally * refer notes|
|onion||1 medium, thinly sliced|
|turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|pepper powder||1/2-3/4 tsp|
|curry leaves||1 spring|
|coconut oil/oil||1-2 tbsp|
- Steam the beans, for 6-7 minutes or until done.
- In a pan/wok/kadai , add oil and let it heat.
- To which add onions ,turmeric powder and saute to golden brown. add a pinch of salt too.
- Once they turn pink and turn golden brown add the steamed french beans and saute well.Add rewuired salt.
- Saute in medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Finally add pepper powder and saute for 2-3 minutes more.
- Switch off and serve hot
- steam the beans, that’s important.
- Add more pepper ,if you like peppery flavor.
until next time, happy cooking!!