A usual tea might be boring sometimes 😉 The best way to revive a boring tea is adding flavors to it, I sometimes add fresh ginger or dry ginger/chukku to give a slight change in taste.This is very similar to cardamom tea.
Come let’s see how to make this easy flavored tea.
Tea-Dry ginger/Chukku flavor – Serves 2
- Milk : 2 cup
- sugar : 2-3 tsp or as per taste
- Chukku/Dry Ginger : 1/2″ piece lightly crushed
- Tea Dust : 2 heap teaspoon.
- Boil the milk well, once its boiled bring down the flame and stir with a spoon to settle the bubbles.
- Add the crushed dry ginger and simmer it for a while, to which add sugar and stir again.
- After about 5 minutes of simmering, add the tea dust ( add additional if you want it more strong ) and let t simmer again for 3-4 minutes.
- You will notice the change in color, and switch off the flame.
- Strain the tea, and mix it by pouring from one cup to another ,for 3-4 times.
Serve the flavored tea with snacks of your choice.
- The milk that we use is less fat so I have skipped adding water.
- You could also take in half n half ratio of water: milk
- You can also replace with 1/2″ fresh ginger piece ( lightly crush that)
- Add sugar according to your preference.
- Always boil the milk well, a little extra boiling would do no harm 🙂
- Adjust the tea dust quantity based on the one you use.