I have already mentioned about my love for deep fried goodies for my lunch side 😀 And during my school days I always carried ladies finger crisp fried alongside rice and a curry. Back then, Amma really had a trouble time making that mezhukkupurati just with salt and coconut oil and to make it crispiest as possible.
But at point I started craving for spicy ladies finger 😉 and the result is this fry! Amma made it with red chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt and fried like fish fry , that tasted quite different from this (I will have to post that too 😛 )
This recipe has too many other ingredients which I added according to my need and to get rid of that guilt bytes ,I started to shallow fry them also using a trick 😉 To know what it is do remember to check the quick video too 🙂 And yes, this look similar to “kurkuri bindhi” a popular North Indian dish 🙂 but I assure you this taste entirely different from that.
Let’s get started, then…
Ladies Finger Masala Fry:
- ladies finger : 10-12 no * refer video
- Rice flour/Aripodi : 1/2 tbsp
- red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- coriander powder :1 tsp
- turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- kerala Garam Masala :1/2 tsp
- fennel powder (optional) :1/2 tsp
- salt : as required
- coconut oil :1/2 – 1 tsp and 1-2 tbsp to shallow fry
- vinger/lime juice ;1/2 tsp
- water : 1 tbsp or to combine everything
- wash and pat dry the ladies finger
- Cut them lengthwise keeping the end
- Combine together all the ingredients except the extra oil for frying into a thick paste.
- Set this aside or refrigerate for at least 1/2 hr
- Heat a pan for shallow frying, to which add the ladies fingers and cover and cook initially , after which open and let it fry for some more time.
- You could masala as per your preferences.
- The rice flour mix has to bit thick, so keep adding water little by little.
- Remember to cover with a lid , so that the ladies finger cooks from within also consumes less oil
- If you dont have kerala Garam masala, use ány Chicken masala.
- Try to use Rice flour itself 🙂