Garam masala is that versatile ingredient which could easily alter the taste of a dish. Garam masala, is one thing which perhaps has so many different variations too.A slight change in one ingredient in your Garam masala could change the whole taste of the dish.
This recipe is the basic , which I add in my dishes.So whenever you see Garam masala ,its this star I’m adding to my dishes.
- Fennel seeds /perumjeerakam : 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick /patta : 1/2 ” piece, one
- Cloves /grmabu :6-7 no
- Cardamom/elakka : 3-4 no
- whole pepper cons :10-12 no
- star anise :1/2 -1 no
- Sun dry the whole spices for at least two days.
- Powder them in a dry mixer into fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This is a very basic recipe, which I found after so many trial and errors , so that I could even use this for my vegetables and other dishes which do not give strong masala smell.
- Sun dry them well, it may take 2-3 days too.
- The quantity of fennel seeds has to more always.