RECIPE IN MALAYALAM,
Food that is easy to make yet tasty always wins my heart! Because I’m lazy 😛 This roll is quite easy to make and again I have used few ingredients. Some people use green chutney, mayonnaise, etc in their rolls. Since I was packing this for little M ,I did want to stuff it with any such things.
Along with Paneer I have added carrots too as little M loves carrots, you can add vegetables of your choice too or just paneer itself.
Refer notes to know how have soft paneer .
Let’s see how this easy roll can be made!
Easy Paneer Chapati Rolls:
- Chapati dough : for making 3-4 no / use a lemon size
- Ghee : to cook chapati
- paneer : small cubes, 1/2 – 1 cup
- Carrots : finely chopped, 1/4 cup
- Onion : finely chopped, 1 small/medium
- tomato :1/2 of a ripe one
- Everest Kitchen King Masala :1/2 -3/4 tsp/replace with 1/2 tsp /kasuri methi if masala isnt available
- Turmeric powder :1/4 tsp
- salt : as required
- water : 2 tbsp
- Coocnut oil/sunflower oil : 1 tbsp
- Roll the chapati portions into thin Chapatis and start making them.
- Brush ghee while making for kids.
- In another pan , add oil and heat it up. Add onions and saute well to brown after which add tomatoes and saute that too.
- Once everything is browned well add chopped carrots ( other veggies if you are using ) and 2 tbsp of water and bring down the flame to cook carrots.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and masala and let the carrots cook through.
- Add the chopped paneer cubes towards the end and combine everything ,cook for 2-3 minutes. (refer notes)
- once the water is all dried and paneer is cooked and soft ,switch off the flame.
- Keep 1 tablespoon of this mix in the center of the chapati and start rolling them.( refer the step wise pictures to know how to roll)
- finally wrap them in a aluminum foil.
- Take the paneer out of freezer and keep in refrigerator the previous night.
- You may dip the unopened paneer cover as such in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Cube them as small as possible, to cook easily.
- Do not over cook the paneer.
- Use ripe tomatoes to avoid sourness.
- I used everest kitchen king masala , as it gives mild flavor, you can use masala of your choice too.
- You may also skip the masala and add pepper powder too.
- after rolling and wrapping gently press downwards the stuffing with a spoon so that it will remain intact .