Little M loves pooris , so do I. This pooris are easy to make and can be carried in lunch box too. I have used fresh green peas which comes in pods , you can use frozen green peas too.Avoid using dried Green Peas.
If you have Chapati dough ready , the only task is to steam the green peas and mash them and finally rolling pooris.
You must be wondering if the pooris would fluff up if there is stuffing inside?? Yes, it will fluff , all that you need to do is to take bit of care while stuffing them.
Peas Stuffed Poori
- Chapati/Poori dough : 4-5 Portions
- Fresh green peas /Frozen : 2tbsp
- Fennel seeds/powder :1/2 tsp
- salt : as required
- oil : for frying
- Steam the green peas for 10 minutes , later mash them well with a masher/ laddle or pound in a motor and pestle.
- Add little bit of salt ( take care as the dough already would be having salt), fennel seed powder/crushed fennel seeds to the mashed peas and mix well.
- Now take a portion of dough for making poori and press it in between your palm and make as the size of palm, keep 1/2 spoon of filling inside and gather the dough it back to ball shape.
- Gently dust the base and start rolling the pooris .
- Do not make it too thin, as it wont fluff up.
- Heat oil well and start make the poori one by one.
- you can either use fennel seed powder or fennel seed itself, lightly crush in this case.
- you may add seasoning agent of your choice, like garam masala, turmeric powder, etc as per your choice.
- Steam the peas well, mash it properly to a paste to avoid lumps and pieces as they may protrude while rolling out.
- If you don’t have a steamer, take peas in a vessel that fit inside your small pressure cooker ,cover with a lid , fill in the pressure cooker with little water 1/4-1/2 cup and place the vessel with peas and cook for one whistle. Squeeze out the excess water from peas if any.
- If you are so health conscious, roll it out as chapati and cook it so.
- Make sure to dunk the pooris only after oil is really hot and reduce the flame to medium.
- Press gently to fluff and turn it around.
- The pooris will be soft , dont worry about that 😉 rememeber to add only 1 teaspoon of filling for this!